Sunday, November 30, 2014

NaNo Final

Well, it’s official.

NaNoWriMo ends at midnight tonight.

There was a time, not too many days ago, when I honestly thought there was no way to make that 50K goal. At one point, I would have had to have 6 personal best days in a row. Yikes! Not likely!

But somehow, I pulled a rabbit out of the hat at the last minute. I had three really awesome writing days in a row, one reaching a new personal best of over 3500 words, and that brought the needed daily average down to what almost felt doable. Then a writing spurt where I got several hundred words in less than an hour, plus many more that day, helped even more.

I have validated my document.

I did it!!

I am officially a NaNo winner!

The work is by no means done, though. There are many words in that document that will never see the inside of a published book. There are large sections of backstory that will need to be reduced to a sentence or two, notes to myself regarding things that need to be changed when I start edits, and notes about things that still need to be written. There is also a lot more to write: holes big enough to stampede a herd of cattle through.

So even though this challenge is done, there are more to come. I’ll keep you posted.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment